The Global Engineering Youth Summit (GEYS) is EWB Carleton’s largest event of the year targeted at high school students.
The event consists of a series of presentations from EWB and guest speakers, and workshops run by EWB Carleton and numerous other Carleton extracurricular clubs and societies on both STEM and global development, and how the two are strongly-linked.
Where: Carleton University (registration in Minto Centre Front Foyer)
Date: 19th March 2017
Time: 9 AM to 4 PM
Cost to Attend Event: Free! Lunch is also provided.
This year’s keynote speakers are:
- Michael Monette, President and Chair of the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE)
- Robyn Chatwin-Davies, environmental engineering master’s student and former Junior Fellow of Engineers Without Borders, Carleton University Chapter.
This year’s workshops include:
Volunteering in the Engineering Profession
Systemic Thinking in the Engineering Profession
Fair Trade Products and Engineers
- Biomedical Circuits and Signals
- Computer Programming
Past Guest Speakers have included:
- Adrian Chan, Professor in the Department of Systems and Computer Engineering at Carleton
- Greg Fergus, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development
To sponsor (merchandise, funding, anything) the Global Engineering Youth Summit, please contact the president and visit our Sponsorship page.